Friday, July 29, 2011

writers block: THE REAL STORY part one.

emotions, distractions, scenery change, and claustrophobia. MAIN CAUSES (OR EXUSES ) OF WRITERS BLOCK.


I ask authors questions whenever I can when I go to book signings or via email one of my questions always being: How do you deal with writers block?
I GOT TONS OF GREAT ANSWERS. Beth Revis for example said she needed SCENERY CHANGE
Kirsten Miller said she doesn't believe in writers block and says TO PUSH THROUGH IT.
other Novice writers say it may be caused by EMOTIONS "sometimes you have to be in the same mood as your character."
Mostly my writers block is claustrophobia. I have to take a walk to the park this also helps with the dreaded DISTRACTION.

Whatever the cause, whatever the reason, DON'T LET IT STOP YOU! Take a small break but NOT AFTER TRYING TO PUSH THROUGH IT! Always remember if you DON'T LIKE WRITING, YOU AREN'T A WRITER! Are you at a standstill, or are you standing still?

No comments:

Post a Comment