Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hi! (and 5 tips for young writers)

Hi! before I start I'm going to introduce myself. my name is Lucy, not to be confused with Lacy or Lucille.
I am a 12 year old blogger and an aspiring writer. I wrote my first "novel" when I was five it was about a "gurl" who wanted "Iskream" I'm still writing, though my spelling has improved -and hopefully my writing skills!- and I love every second I am writing.

Why did I start this blog?
because many girls and boys my age don't write much and if they do they either don't know how or don't talk about it. if you write leave a comment I hope this blog helps us BOTH with our writing.

writing rules:

1. there really are no rules if you really want to write write how YOU want to and YOUR way, it may not turn out great at first but hey, it works.

2. don't get stuck in trends. If vampires and fairies are in right now DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. If it's in now chances are: IT IS NOT ORIGINAL.

2 1/2. don't let the last rule get in the way of you TRYING maybe the best story you wil ever write is about vampires don't discount a good idea just because it follows trends either.

3. DONT REVISE AS YOU GO! revision is for another time GET THE STORY OUT FIRST!

4. don't let your friends opinions break you heart. this is different from constructive critique. if they say your first draft is terrible DO NOT GIVE UP! this is totally different from when an ADULT gives you advice. (take it from me they are probably right)

5. WRITE THE EVERLOVIN BOOK!!!! sit down and write. best. advice. you. will. ever. get.

No comments:

Post a Comment